Radiohead Discography Scorecard


Originally uploaded at 28th May 2017.

I think i discovered Radiohead when i look for best albums lists and some of Radiohead albums appear in those list. I also know Radiohead from Top 10 Greatest Rock Bands video by Watchmojo on Youtube.

Radiohead is one of the most original bands of all time in my opinion. All Radiohead members are highly talented. Radiohead is an alternative band from British. Radiohead is influenced by some popular bands, but they still managed to have high influence to on alternative music genre.

Radiohead managed to stay consistant on their career. While bands like Metallica, Coldplay, and Muse had gone downhill on quality, Radiohead managed to keeps consistant on their career.

OQ means the overall quality of the band.

My opinions on Radiohead albums:

Pablo Honey: TBA

The Bends: This album was a nice, thrilling, and quiet experience. I don't mind the structure on the songs on the album kinda same, at least Radiohead try to make different things on The Bends album. My only main problem with The Bends album that it had gruesome lyrics which bothered me. My favorite song on the album is Street Spirit (Fade Out) and my least favorite song on the album is Bullet Proof... I Wish I Was. I give The Bends album an A- (Supreme) rating.

OK Computer: 
Considered by many to be the best Radiohead album, i only find it a supreme album and on Radiohead album rankings from best to worst, OK Computer is at 4th place. The problem with OK Computer is like The Bends album, Radiohead showed the non-sensical lyrics on OK Computer too far. But into the positives. The instrumentals of the album is very fresh and juicy. The instrumentals of this album are so unique that all songs on OK Computer not sounds the same, unlike on The Bends album. The concepts of this album are very interesting. Overall, while i do not love this album as much as other people, it's still a very interesting record to enjoy. I give OK Computer album an A- (Supreme) rating.

Kid A: The most daring album that Radiohead had ever done. Radiohead replaces their normal instruments to electronic instruments and also brass instrumental. I give Kid A album an A (Magnificent) rating.

Amnesiac: TBA

Hail to the Thief: I don't have a final opinion of the album but for now i give Hail to the Thief album an A- (Supreme) rating.

In Rainbows: 
This is perhaps my favorite music album now, replacing Origin of Symmetry by Muse. The abstract/surreal concepts on the album makes In Rainbows had the best concept/s for a music album, the instrumentals that are sometimes minimalistic but still managed to make special instrumentals, the improving vocals, and this album is basically is Radiohead about. No songs fall from supreme rating and almost all songs are epic. I give this album an A+ (epic) rating.

The King of Limbs: TBA

A Moon Shaped Pool: TBA

This scorecard of mine is inspired by Intrancity scorecard style.

Comments

Popular Posts